Fine-tuning safe, fresh juice to perfection
Preserving all the fresh goodness in juice while extending its shelf life…it almost sounds too good to be true! And yet PurePulse is a mature technology that has already earned its stripes through several practical applications; the technology has been used successfully for many years in the medical sector, for instance.
PurePulse is based on PEF technology, a continuous preservation process in which liquid food products or beverages are heat-treated and pumped through a pulsed electric field in order to kill off bacteria and moulds. By applying a couple of innovative techniques, PurePulse has fine-tuned PEF to perfection. As a result, you not only achieve the same level of food safety while using less energy and heating, but you also preserve even more of the goodness in your fresh juices.
- Continuous process
- Capacity: 600, 1,200 or 1,800 litres/hour
- Max. power: 16kW, 30kW, 50kW
- Pulse duration: 1-4 microseconds
- Temperature increase in treatment chamber: 5-15 °C
- Electric field: 20-40 kV/cm
- Reduction in microorganisms: 4-6 log